Whetley Academy Blog

Together we are stronger…

Whetley Academy Blog

Whetley Hill children get into Fairtrade

February 15th, 2012 · 9 Comments · Fun Stuff, international, pictures, special events

5

The following article was in the Telegraph and Argos yesterday:

Zulfiqar

Children at a Bradford primary school have been learning all about Fairtrade.
Year six pupils at Whetley Primary School presented information about the scheme and products were also donated by stores across the district.

Teacher Victoria Rehman said: “It’s been very good. Asda, Morrisons and the Co-op all gave the school all kinds of stuff like biscuits, teabags and breakfast bars. We’ve made up three hamper baskets to raffle off.

“The children wrote really lovely, really good letters to the companies thanking them. There’s also a Fairtrade day next week and the school will be doing something for that.”

Tags:

9 Comments so far ↓

• Hammad 6s

Not bad !

• Mrs Rehman

Watch this space for some examples of the letters Year 6 have written thanking the supermarkets for their support. We raised a staggering £108.00 from the raffle!!
    Thank you everyone who bought a raffle ticket.

• Roshan 6S

Did they put that picture in the telegraph and argos?

• Roshan 6S

Cool picture.

• Hamza_4J

I wish I could be in it that means I will have a fantastic time

• Ehsan_5S

Oah!why cant we be in it

• Danyal 4N

Seriously Ehsan I know your my friend but do you really want to be in that picture really you want to be with that year sixer and you don’t even know who the guy is.Do you know who he is?My brother Roshan told me his nick name is kulfi.