Whetley Academy Blog

Together we are stronger…

Whetley Academy Blog

To PE or not to PE?

March 30th, 2017 · 3 Comments · Uncategorized

5

Last week chaos broke out when Mrs Brown and Mr Paffetti suggested that PE be suspended to allow more SATs revision time in Year 6. In stepped Miss Stephenson, to save the day and suggest that Year 6 be given the chance to make their point in a very controversial oracy lesson. Here’s what they had to say.

PE lessons from Whetley Academy on Vimeo.

Tags:

3 Comments so far ↓

• Mrs Gavins

I’m going to show the staff and pupils in other schools our work on this blog post. You have articulated powerful arguments which have convinced me that Mr P is wrong! Keep doing PE!!!
    Mrs Gavins

• Mrs Brown

WOW! I am incredibly proud of you Year 6. Your debate discussion against not having PE was very convincing and well thought out. I can see that you have been working really hard to speak clearly and with conviction. Your confidence is growing with every week that you practise.
    Keep up this hard work because as your oracy skills increase so will your other language skills, in particular writing.
    I would like to attend your next session. Please remind me when it is. Oh! And by the way you have persuaded me to not stop your invaluable PE sessions.
    Well done, Year 6

Mrs Brown

• Miss S

Our year 6 children are absolutely amazing. They all discussed points in their groups to be shared in the presentation and the nominated speakers performed with confidence.
    Well done Year 6.

Miss S (feeling very proud)